This diet focus on what our ancestors were eating before the agriculture revolution. When humans were gatherers and hunters. If you compare a modern human with a human from that time you will see that our genetics haven’t changed that much since then.
But humans back then were muscular, athletic, full of energy and healthy. While humans today are overweighted, out of shape and unhealthy.
Things change when humans discovered agriculture and they became farmers. And instead of eating like our ancestors, vegetables, meat, and fruits we are eating bread, pasta, pizza, sweets, rice and corn.
But our body never adapted to this changes, eating grains, sugar and process food that agriculture and industry provide for us. While some people are adapted to this food and they don’t get overweight most of the population is not like that.
So what is the paleo diet?
The paleo diet focus on food that our ancestors were eating, foods that are body are program genetically to eat. And because of that, this diet allows you to eat until you are full and happy. And it helps you lose weight, build muscle and be healthy.
Foods to Avoid:
- grains (bread, pasta, pizza, rye, rice, barley etc)
- sweets (sugar, honey, candy, artificial sweeteners etc)
- dairy (milk, cheese, butter, yogurt etc)
- legume (beans, peanuts, lentils, peas etc)
- process food (fast food, junk food, bacon, salami, hot dogs etc)
- some vegetable oils (refined and process oils, sunflower oil, corn oil, soybean oil etc)
Bonus: I have created an easy system that can help you lose weight fast. To download it for free please click here.
Foods to Eat:
- vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, carrots, onion, kale, peppers, pumpkin etc)
- fruits (apples, oranges, bananas, blueberries, mango, strawberries etc)
- meat (preferably grass-fed and organic: chicken, pork, lamb, beef, turkey etc)
- fish and seafood (if you can choose wild-caught because in farmed fish mercury and other toxins can be an issue)
- tubers (sweet potatoes, yams etc)
- nuts and seeds (don’t eat too much because they are high in calories, so you can eat them as snacks)
- healthy fats and oils (extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, walnut oil etc)
- salt and spices (garlic, sea salt, rosemary, turmeric etc)
What to drink:
- water, sparkling water
Avoid liquid calories like alcohol, sodas, juices, milk etc.
Examples of Paleo snacks:
- nuts and seeds
- build eggs
Benefice of the paleo diet:
- weight loss, because you are eating foods that are low on calories
- prevent disease because the food that you are eating is high in nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
- a diet without additives, chemicals or preservatives
- better sleep
- better mental health
- detox and fewer toxin
- more energy
Disadvantages of the Paleo diet:
- I think you can imagine the main disadvantage: this diet can be expansive
- people who are very physically active, like athletes, need more carbs. But that can be fixed by adding rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams to your diet.
Sorry about my English, I’m out of practice. But this doesn’t mean that I don’t know my stuff when it came to weight loss.
To help you, even more, I have created a system that can help you lose weight fast. This system is based on a healthy nutrition and a system that will keep you motivated. Because you can’t lose weight without motivation. And you will be amazed at how simple it is.
To download it for free enter your name and email address below.